what i'm thinking and pondering as 2008 enters my life: "I will grow. I will become something new and grand, but no grander than I now am. Just as the sky will be different in a few hours, its present perfection and completeness is not deficient, so am I presently perfect and not deficient because I will be different tomorrow." (Dr. Wayne Dyer)
so yes, this has been a year to remember. 2007. so many lessons learned. so many dreams realized and steadily on their way to life. it seems like so much life and personal expression exploded, not only inside the landscape of my heart, but also in my real, everyday life. this year, more than ever, i've learned that we are very much the creators of our intention. and with intention, comes heart. with heart comes passion. with passion comes flow. and the rest just happens with a little bit of effort. and gratitude.
i am thankful, beyond words for all of it. the struggles. the aches + pains. the very steep learning curve of creating a life out of making art and writing. the endless joy and smiles and celebrations. it's been a crazy. brilliant. joyous. unbelievable. hard. happy. lucky beyond measure. year.
here are some snapshots of a year that included many wide smiles, joyful tears, messy tears, adjustment issues, once-in-a-lifetime moments, and many, many firsts.
1. there were a few of these days...when all feels overwhelming. we all have these days. i remember feeling insecure about posting this entry, but wanting to stay true and expressive of a life in progress.
2. my first gallery show in LA. my first first.
3. the perpetual search for this. (all year long and it continues..)
4. my first time being a vendor at artfest. my second first.
5. a visit from one of my favorite portland peeps. what hilarious fun we had!
5.5 a very bad day..or a stream of consciousness about all the hard days that came with adjusting from our move from oregon to california (we're better now, thank you!).
6. my first book deal (whoa) which is really why i was jumping up and down inside this other post which came months before i officially announced the big news. my third first.
7. my first acupuncture treatment which gave me more than i could have ever expected and sent me into messy tears, then clarity, then acceptance. my fourth first.
8. working very hard to keep this at bay (though i will admit it creeps in still, from time to time)
9. my first time being published in a magazine (cloth/paper/scissors x 2 - super fun/life changing experience for me for which i am forever grateful). my fifth first.
10. a lot of love and seaglass finding with my man. more love on our big day, too.
11. learning the lesson of surrender. and how to get out of a funk. the blessings of said funk. and a funny glimpse into book writing overwhelm.
11. a trip to cincinnati with these dream-makers and visionaries.
12. a much needed fun trip to nyc with my girlie friends.
13. my first time vending at art&soul. another first. my sixth first.
14. being reminded that i don't. have. to. know.
15. a wondrous 32nd birthday complete with the best green gift ever.
16. my first time having a booth at a major art festival in CA. my seventh first.
17. my first radio interview. my eighth first.
18. christmas joy in meeting this woman and the gift she gave to us.
19. and finally, where we are right now. in portland. on vacation. soaking in all the blessings of a year that unfolded into wonder and continues, still.