taking flight into art, love, and life (the blog)
Friday, August 29, 2008
in the wee hours of the morning, as i finally breathe myself to sleep, i'm having heavy realizations that my heart has been released to the world - all packaged inside a book where i spill my guts, my experiences, my journey, and my thoughts for the readers as they make their way, too. it makes me feel vulnerable, exposed, nervous, happy, thrilled, alive, scared, and downright out of sorts. during the day i seem to be ok as i try to stay on track with a giant to-do list. it's at night when i want to fall apart, when all the emotions release at once. i sent my mom an email (i'm without a phone today) this morning requesting prayers - a rare gesture of asking for help and something i need to do more of. with all of this book talk, my world feels a bit small, huge, and selfish all at once - tough waters for me to navigate this week inside celebrations and nerves.
what's been holding me up in exuberance mode, rather than nerves mode, are my family (my sister has been calling with happy tears), my friends (who have endlessly listened to me as i process + celebrate), and the many emails starting to roll in with "my book arrived, my book arrived!" - all so important and meaningful to me this week (thank you).
for those of you who receive your books, i would love it if you would please consider heading over to amazon and writing a quick review. amazon reviews are so powerful in how these book do in the long run - i would so appreciate it.
ps- i sent an original painting to one lucky pre-orderer. i can hardly wait for her to get it. i feel a bit like a secret santa claus :)
ok, back to regular blogging soon...
When I finally put paint onto paper, my heart + life exploded with renewed passion and joy.Read more about my story.
My Painting E-course
It's Here! It's Here! You won't want to miss it.
Click here to get all the details.
NEW 30-Day Ecourse!
Get ready for a spiritual practice, and shaking up our morning routine to include compassionate self-talk, mantras, and getting dressed in JOY.Click here to join us!
This e-book is a game changer!Click here to get all the details.
Beauty + Truth
My mission is to create beautiful, meaningful artwork that tells the truth.
product with meaning
I believe in creating home + gift products that blend beauty, function, & honesty.
Retailers, click here for wholesale info
grab a button!
my journey (in chronological order from 2006 - 2009 ) into the creative life
- the whispers of inspiration
- the beginning
- feeling my heart lift
- first attempt at girlie painting
- humble beginnings
- i've come a long way since this
- when everything changed
- finding my style
- a review of that first year
- deciding to take the leap
- selling my first item on etsy
- beginning to build a business
- launching my website
- learning to be fearless
- still working out my style
- up up and away
- my first showing
- first gallery opening
- spilling myself into a book proposal
- book proposal accepted!
- the gremlins
- a more cohesive style emerges
- working on book projects
- published in a magazine for the first time
- a trip to ohio to meet with book publisher
- quitting my day job
- where i wrote the book
- embracing my vulnerabilities
- showing at a big san fran art festival
- licensing for the first time
- on guilt + the blues
- becoming a possibilitarian
- figuring out wholeness
- on becoming
- on saying no
- on magic + beginnings
- on anxiety
- finally seeing myself
- finding my community
- book is released
- teaching for the first time
- thoughts on riding the wave
- teaching in italy
- new studio space in seattle
- creative style turning point
- pretending until we're not
- new affirmation paintings emerge
- hired an assistant
- first keynote
- national product (home + gift) line debuts with DEMDACO
- new gift line debuts with demdaco
- love is the only thing that matters
- brand new website debuts
- first ever calendars + datebooks debut!
- feeling the pressure of it all
- on getting lovebombed (again)
- figuring out how to take care of myself
- on wanting to pinch myself
- on giving my medicine to the world
- some thoughts after three years of all of this
- on expanding my biz vision after a trip to kansas
- telling the truth about hard days
- on creative expansiveness
- on staying true in biz
- 2009 year in review
The Creative/biz journey continues in chronological order (2010 - present)
atlanta gift show part two!
on being brave
decorative art girlies arrive!
cover of somerset studio magazine!
it's about capacity + connection
announced my first e-course!
got an agent and a logo!
attending surtex in nyc for the first time!
why writing a letter to myself worked magic
on what it's like to run an ecourse
expanding our personal horizons
ranking #1 in gift beat's wall art category!
on inviting abundance of all kinds
decided not to play small
ranked #1 in gftbeat's inspirational category!
two year book anniversary
hired a portland asst!
babies make their appearance in my work!
new gift products are introduced
on missing my beginner artist self
featured in 10 pg national mag
traveled to China to see where products are made
announced new home decor line!
home decor line launches
celebrated 5 years of this life
greeting cards launched
moved oinline shop out of my house
launched hello soul, hello business
savoring vs dreaming
made a huge decision about online shop