taking flight into art, love, and life (the blog)

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Decor!

IMG_1880

John is a big believer in getting out all of the Christmas decor the day after Thanksgiving. I think it's sweet that he wants the Christmas season to last as long as possible.

But this year, our fantasies of all of us decorating together just didn't seem to work. Hello, active two year old! Parents, I know you know what I'm talking about.  Finally, one day, about a week or so after Thanksgiving, True and I left the house for a few hours and when we came home, John had fully decorated the entire house, except for putting ornaments on the tree (we did that as a family). I know, I know! I love him, dearly.

Here's a little tour:

IMG_1883

IMG_1882

IMG_1921

IMG_1909

I found a vintage Santa cookie jar! Although I'm afraid to ever wash it or actually use it, I love it so. And the adorable snowman music box was a hand-made gift from Jackie, who is ultra talented. True loves winding him up.

IMG_1906

IMG_1902

IMG_1881

IMG_1901

IMG_1899

Our Oh Joy banner is from Minted. We also got our holiday cards from them (first time ever!) and I love the quality. Highly recommended for all special occasions.

IMG_1896

John made this center piece using a live wreath, a vintage wreath, some clip on birdies, and teal bulbs. Love. 


IMG_1889

True's first construction paper Christmas tree. Swoon. I love that we're in the age where we get to tape his creations to our windows. 

IMG_1885

Grandma made True his first ever advent calendar banner using cut out mittens. So cute.

IMG_1893

Sending cozy holiday wishes to each of you...
Love, Kelly Rae

9 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Kelly - Am new to your blog. Your home looks so festive. What a sweet hubby to do all of that.

Merry Christmas.

Judy

Sylvia said...

Thank you for sharing!!! I just LOVE your house!

my two hopeful wings said...

Just delightful!!! Thanks for letting us have a peek! Bright and super cheerful! My kids are getting a little older...my baby is 10...I'm excited for you, too, to be in the "construction paper creations" stage! Blessings back to you <3
Jenni

Kelly said...

Beautiful photos. Your home looks lovely and very Christmassy. xx

Alberta Art Classes said...

Delightful! I still have ornaments on the tree from when they were wee. I still swoon. Xoxo.

amalasyura said...

Also new to your blog :) your house look so joyful. Have a nice holiday then.

Ronnie said...

Just beautiful! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

carol...... said...

....absolutely charming and wonderful!

Phoebe Bean said...

Gorgeous decorations! I bet it's all enchanting for True. Merry Christmas!





circles